1/10/2010

Eagle of Independence by Mr. Olive - 100% Vegetable Tanned Hand-Made Cowhide Leather Boots (Made in Japan)


New from Mr. Olive's leather line Eagle of Independence (E.O.I.) - 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots.

E.O.I by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots. Vegetable tanning is an acient leather tanning process that uses tannin from tree bark. This vegetable tanning process takes time, skilled artisanship, and thus costs, compared with modern, more efficient, mass-production tanning that uses chemicals (e.g., chrome). The painstaking vegetable tanning process produces durable, flexible leather with unique texture and characteristics that further develop with use. The natural leather feel, texture, and characteristics cannot be replicated through chemical tanning. The sole is made with Mr. Olive original blend of cork and rubber for comfort and strength. Currently available in beige and brown. The picture above is beige. Sizes U.S. 8.5, 9.5, and 10.5. Made in Japan. $690.

E.O.I. by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots in brown. Sizes U.S. 8.5, 9.5, and 10.5. Made in Japan. $690.

E.O.I. by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots in brown ($690).

E.O.I. by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots in brown ($690).

E.O.I. by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots in brown ($690). Mr. Olive original cork and rubber sole.

E.O.I. by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots in brown ($690).

E.O.I. by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots ($690). From left to right: black, brown, beige, and gray. Currently, brown and beige available.

E.O.I. by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots in beige ($690).

E.O.I. by Mr. Olive 100% vegetable tanned hand-made cowhide leather boots in brown ($690).